Xerox Project

I'm going to be honest, I actually didn't take much inspiration from the artists or the art movements that were discussed in class. Now, don't get me wrong, I did like the ideas and concepts of the movements, dadaism in particular, and I thought that doing some kind of collage could be fun; I liked Hannah Hoch's work and considered that I could do something similar to that, but then decided against it. I don't really know why, but I just prefer the simplicity of things, and pulling something out of nature like I had done for my grid art project just seemed reasonable. I had thought of doing butterflies first, but then decided I could turn my hands into birds once I had scanned them and lay them on a poster board in a way that would make them look like they were flying in a flock. Scanning them in black and white also made more sense since I figured it would resemble geese or even just the silhouettes of a flock flying through the sky. The sky in the background is just square pieces of tissue paper that I had cut out and lain over one another (which kind of makes it look like grid art instead and I hadn't even realized it) and the clouds are actually cotton balls I had pulled apart and stuck over top of the tissue paper clouds I had originally cut out. I did also use a bit of glitter glue underneath the clouds and for the beaks of the birds, as well as to highlight their "wings," but it is a little difficult to see. Other than that it's just my hands that make up the birds. Here's the final product:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raul Cuero Interview- Sparking Creativity

Flipbook

Video Art