Video Art

Apparently I have an ongoing nature theme for all of my projects for this particular class because, for my video art project, I again decided to draw from the natural world around me. This time, however, I did actually take inspiration from Pipilotti Rist. Her visual art is absolutely stunning to me and I loved how she had incorporated the use of flowers in one of her video art pieces. She also put good use to layering, and I really wanted to try to do that for my video art piece, so I went out and shot a bunch of different videos of the plants and trees in the park, got a shot of the sky, and also one of the river as well as two of me walking down the sidewalk and through the grass. I imported my footage into Premiere and organized it so I could layer certain videos over each other; most of it was playing around with the opacity of each video. It took me a little while to put the whole video together, but I had fun making it and think it turned out pretty well. It may not be exactly something like Pipilotti Rist would make, but I wasn't shooting to copy her as much as I was just drawing inspiration. It is my own, simple piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raul Cuero Interview- Sparking Creativity

Flipbook